Adult Services Procedure 22/11
Quality outcomes and contract monitoring (QOCM) framework
This procedure outlines the management responsibilities in relation to the Quality Outcomes and Contract Monitoring Framework.
download a copy of 22/11 Quality outcomes and contract monitoring framework 127kb
Additional guidance on No Purchasing September 21.09.12
The default position is to place a provider on 'risk assess before purchasing' if there are quality/safeguarding concerns. Obviously, the risk assessments must be done robustly - in relation to the persons care needs - and recorded clearly, if we do choose to place anyone with a provider in these circumstances.
If you believe that the quality/safeguarding issues are sufficient that we would be be acting illegally to place anyone with the service, then the provider should be placed on 'no purchasing'. In order to do this, please ensure that all of the concerns are put in writing and that a meeting with the provider is held to go through these. At the meeting, the rationale for placing the home on 'no purchasing' should be explained and a letter to the provider should be sent following the meeting to reiterate these issues and the decision making . Any letters should be checked with Legal as this should be a relatively rare occurrence and we need to get it right.
Please make sure that 'no purchasing' and rationale for decision are recorded on the Provider View.
In this way, we have acted transparently and given the provider an opportunity to understand the issues and respond.
If you have any provider placed on 'no purchasing' please ensure that this situation is reviewed on a two weekly basis so that this sanction is applied for the minimum length of time.
Download Appendices 1-12
- Appendix 1 41kb: Roles of staff within the QOCM framework
- Appendix 2 30kb: QOCM process overview
- Appendix 3 64kb: Area QOCM agenda template
- Appendix 4 42kb: Area QOCM meeting roles and responsibilities
- Appendix 5 50kb: QOCM Group terms of reference
- Appendix 6 45kb: Information sharing guidelines
- Appendix 7 37kb: Standard letter templates to providers when the purchasing status is changed
- Appendix 8 57kb: Quality improvement action plan
- Appendix 9 : Workforce Development Referral Form
- Appendix 10 54kb: Evaluation of Hampshire County Council Quality Improvement Officer support
- Appendix 11 48kb: Safeguarding in Provider Services (SIPS) Inter-Authority protocol
- Appendix 12 61kb: Impact assessment