Professionals and Practitioners

Customer care and complaints

Hampshire County Council is committed to providing the best possible services for people living in Hampshire. By telling us what you think about our services, you can help us to continue to improve and make sure we correct any mistakes as quickly as possible. You will not be putting your rights to services at risk, so don’t be afraid to tell us what you think or what has gone wrong.

Although it may not always be possible to provide everything you want, by knowing about your complaints we can work together to try and put things right.

It is important that you let us know of your complaint as soon as it arises so it can be dealt with promptly. We may not be able to consider complaints made after one year of the event that gives reason for the complaint.

For complaints about Adult Services including

Contact us by

  • Care at home - both physical and learning disabilities
  • Older people
  • Residential and Nursing care
  • Sensory issues - hearing loss and sight loss

If your complaint is about:

  • a registered care home
  • an independent provider of care or
  • something else that is not listed above
please make sure you are in the right


  • Completing the on-line form
  • Sending an email - title your email 'Complaints/concerns, comments or compliments.'
  • Sending a letter, your comments on DVD, audio tape or video to
    Information and Complaints team
    Adults' Health and Care
    3rd Floor, Elizabeth II Court West
    The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UQ
  • Contacting Adult Services

Compliments, comments and concerns

If you are happy with any part of the service you receive, then please tell us. Our staff can’t accept gifts, but if you want to recognise their work or to say thank you, then you can contact us as above, and we will record your views, and pass them on to the people involved.

If you have any concerns over any aspect of our services, or you wish to make any comments or suggestions on how we can improve, then please use the online form above.

What you can expect from Adult Services

Our approach is about listening, responding and improving. By listening to your experiences, we can resolve mistakes faster, learn new ways to improve, and hopefully prevent the same problems from happening in the future.

  • We will treat you with respect and dignity
  • We will take your concerns seriously
  • We will always try to sort out your concerns as quickly as possible
  • We will make sure that you have adequate support

Are you sure you are in the right place?

Complaints about a Registered Care Home or an Independent Provider of Care


  • Ask the provider of the service for a copy of their own complaints procedure and use this
  • If you have tried or do not want to approach the independent provider directly, please contact Adult Services and we will see if we can help.

After the 1st October 2010, if you are paying for your own care, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman. The Care Quality Commission regulates and inspects these services.

Complaints about Health issues including


  • Community Health Services
  • Dentists
  • GP practices
  • Pharmacies etc
  • Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
    Tel: 02380 874065

Complaints about Mental Health issues including

Initial contact

  • Adult Mental Health
  • Older People's Mental Health
  • Learning Disabilities

For all Hampshire areas apart from Aldershot and Farnborough please contact:

  • Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
    Tel: 02380 874065

For the Aldershot and Farnborough areas of Hampshire please contact:

  • Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
    Tel: 0300 55 55 222

Complaints about Community Hospitals


  • Community Hospitals

Neighbouring authorities


  • Portsmouth
  • Southampton

Children and families issues including


  • Your child’s education
  • Children’s welfare or safety
  • The services supplied by the Children’s Services Department