Armed Forces Community Covenant Grant scheme
The Community Covenant Grant scheme has been set up to fund local projects which strengthen the ties or the mutual understanding between members of the Armed Forces Community and the wider community in which they live.
About the fund
The Covenant Fund is one of many funds available through government, trusts, lottery distributers, European funding and other sources.
£10 million is made available each year, and this year the funding is available for:
- Community integration projects - projects which create strong local links between the armed forces and civilian communities; which overcome barriers; and improve perceptions, attitudes and understanding
- The coordination and delivery of support to the armed forces community - a range of support (including financial, housing, mental and physical health, employability and social support) for serving armed forces personnel, ex-service personnel, and their families
- Projects which address issues facing veterans in the criminal justice system - projects which help provide a joined up service to former members of the armed forces that come into contact with the police, courts and prisons.
There are 2 application routes:
- small grants for projects requiring up to £20,000
- large grants for projects requiring between £20,001 and £500,000
Who can apply?
The lead organisation can either be a registered charity or a statutory body, such as a local authority. If the application is not lead by an armed forces charity, it must have an armed forces charity as a key partner. Other types of organisation can be partners in applications. All project work must be done on a not for profit basis.
Small grants programme
The small grants programme will be a single stage process with a short application form. The key dates are:
|Stage||Round 1||Round 2|
|Open for applications||13 August 2015||12 November 2015|
|Closing date||17 September 2015||17 December 2015|
|Decisions by||25 November 2015||10 March 2016|
Large grants programme
For the large grants programme the key dates are:
|Open for expressions of interest||13 August 2015|
|Closing date for expressions of interest||24 September 2015|
|Expression of interest decisions communicated and invitations to stage 2 sent out by||26 November 2015|
|Deadline for stage 2 applications||13 January 2016|
|Stage 2 decisions communicated by||10 March 2016|
Further details and application process
There will be a bespoke MOD application form for the small grants and an MOD form for expressions of interest for larger grants. Do not use the standard HCC application form as these will not be accepted.
For Hampshire based projects, before submitting an application to this fund it is important to speak to a County Council representative so that we can offer you impartial advice to ensure that your bid has the highest chance of success. Please contact Melissa Juniper at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01962 873948.