Independent living for older people in Hampshire
The independent living for older people web pages should help you to find a whole range of useful information for older people, not just from Hampshire County Council but also from partner agencies, district and borough councils, charities and voluntary organisations.
The Older Drivers Awareness Week 2015
Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Older Drivers Forum will be running an awareness week from Monday 28 September to Saturday 3rd October.
The events will be open between 9.30am to 3pm for people to just pop in - find a venue near you - it's FREE and you don’t need to book
The NEW Trigger Tool programme
Download the new training programme from the Trigger Tool page
Keeping safe in the community DVD
This DVD presents the issues around safety out and about and safety at home
Better balance for life
Keeping physically active can help you stay independent as you age
Hitting the cold spots
Keeping your home warm and you and your family healthy
Safety concerns including help with hazards in the home and energy advice
Household emergency help including electrical, gas and water problems
Issues such as medication, better balance, mental health and sight or hearing problems
Your personal wellbeing including day to day tasks, gardening and support for carers
I want to...
- The Older People's Trigger Tool area - for anyone visiting an older person in their own home
- Local activities or services - chat to volunteers at OPAL, or ask them to visit you at your home
- Village agents - providing advice and supoprt in rural commnities
- Hampshire Association of Older Peoples Forums
- The Community Independence Team (CIT) - support, advice and guidance on a range of issues
Got a suggestion or comment?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org