Independent living for older people in Hampshire
The independent living for older people web pages should help you to find a whole range of useful information for older people, not just from Hampshire County Council but also from partner agencies, district and borough councils, charities and voluntary organisations.
Electric Blanket Checks 2014
Arrange an appointment to get your FREE electric blanket check - September to October 2014
The NEW Trigger Tool programme
Download the new training programme from the Trigger Tool page
Keeping safe in the community DVD
This DVD presents the issues around safety out and about and safety at home
Hampshire County Council is pleased to offer a new afternoon tea service for the County.
Like our lunchtime hot Meals on Wheels service, the afternoon teas are offered 365 days a year and will be delivered at the same time as your lunch.
The afternoon tea box contains a sandwich, a savoury pastry, a portion of fruit, some cake and a fruit juice drink.
Better balance for life
Keeping physically active can help you stay independent as you age
Hitting the cold spots
Keeping your home warm and you and your family healthy
Safety concerns including help with hazards in the home and energy advice
Household emergency help including electrical, gas and water problems
Issues such as medication, better balance, mental health and sight or hearing problems
Your personal wellbeing including day to day tasks, gardening and support for carers
- Community cooking classes 2 MB - 6 week course in Odiham, Hook
- Good Neighbours are 'an inspiration to us all'
- Making computers your friend 727 kB - classes held in community settings
- Local activities or services - chat to volunteers at OPAL, or ask them to visit you at your home
- Meals on wheels now available 365 days a year
- The Older People's Trigger Tool area - for anyone visiting an older person in their own home
- The Community Independence Team (CIT) - support, advice and guidance on a range of issues to help you maintain your independence
- Armed Forces Community Welfare Pathway
- Hampshire Association of Older Peoples Forums
Got a suggestion or comment?
Send an email to email@example.com