Independent living for older people in Hampshire
The independent living for older people web pages should help you to find a whole range of useful information for older people, not just from Hampshire County Council but also from partner agencies, district and borough councils, charities and voluntary organisations.
Hampshire County Council is pleased to offer a new afternoon tea service for the County.
Like our lunchtime hot Meals on Wheels service, the afternoon teas are offered 365 days a year and will be delivered at the same time as your lunch.
The afternoon tea box contains a sandwich, a savoury pastry, a portion of fruit, some cake and a fruit juice drink.
Better balance for life
Keeping physically active can help you stay independent as you age
Hitting the cold spots
Keeping your home warm and you and your family healthy
Safety concerns including help with hazards in the home and energy advice
Household emergency help including electrical, gas and water problems
Issues such as medication, better balance, mental health and sight or hearing problems
Your personal wellbeing including day to day tasks, gardening and support for carers
Local social activities and transport including keeping fit, volunteering and learning opportunities
Financial & legal concerns
Concerns including legal problems, wills, employment and pensions
- Community cooking classes in Hartley Wintney 777 kB
- Good Neighbours Young and Old Awards - submit a nomination form before 20 January 2014
- Making computers your friend 727 kB - classes held in community settings
- Local activities or services - chat to volunteers at OPAL, or ask them to visit you at your home
- Meals on wheels now available 365 days a year
- The Older People's Trigger Tool area - for anyone visiting an older person in their own home
- The Community Independence Team (CIT) - support, advice and guidance on a range of issues to help you maintain your independence
- Armed Forces Community Welfare Pathway
- Hampshire Association of Older Peoples Forums
Got a suggestion or comment?
Send an email to email@example.com