Hitting the cold spots
Hitting the Cold Spots is a Hampshire County Council Scheme funded by a grant from the Department of Health, which can help and advise you on ways to keep warm and healthy this winter.
Keeping your home warm and you and your family healthy can be expensive and sometimes difficult. Cold weather not only make life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease and stokes.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin – but this advice and support is available from our dedicated free Advice Line.
Please contact us on:
where your call will be answered by a member of our Hampshire-based, friendly and knowledgeable team from the Environment Centre.
Hitting the Cold Spots services are available until March 2013 – call now!
How can we help?
The Hitting the Cold Spots Team could help you with:
- Hot water and heating system repairs
- Support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) if you are without heating.
- Access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies
- Practical support and advice with debt, money and benefits
- Free Home Safety visits which can include a carbon monoxide monitor, smoke detector and a fire safety plan
- Access to free insulation (cavity wall, loft and solid wall)
- Assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help give you savings on your fuel bills
- Assessment for funding for a gas mains to be laid to your property and a central heating system to be installed
- Support from a Hitting the Cold Spots Advisor when any visits or works are being undertaken in your home
Some of the above services and emergency relief are subject to availability and conditions apply
Register today for a home visit
Our Hitting the Cold Spots Advisors can help you find simple ways of keeping the temperature up and your heating bills down.
To book a home visit today complete this short form to register your interest.
For more information
- Tel: 0800 804 8601
- Email: email@example.com
Register for a home visit
- To book a home visit today complete this short form to register your interest.
Download the leaflet
Our visiting Advisors offer practical and financial support, and can be with you when any works are being undertaken within your home.
Mrs T from Farnborough contacted the project for support and said:
The Advisor was brilliant. She came to see me and we sorted out my hot water tank, it had been broken for 6 months. Thank you.