Hitting the cold spots - Winter 2013-14 campaign
For the third winter Hampshire County Council with its partners, are running the Hitting the Cold Spots campaign, funded by Hampshire County Council Adult Services and Public Health Departments, which can help and advise you on ways to keep warm and healthy this winter.
Keeping your home warm and you and your family healthy can be expensive and sometimes difficult. Cold weather not only make life uncomfortable but can also lead to serious health problems such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease and strokes.
Call us today
We recognise that it can sometimes be difficult to know who to contact or where to begin – but this advice and support is available from our dedicated free Advice Line.
Please contact us on:
where your call will be answered by a member of our Hampshire-based, friendly and knowledgeable team from the Environment Centre.
* 9am-5pm, Mon – Fri. May not be free from mobiles. Call 02380 336172 for landline rates.
How can we help?
The Hitting the Cold Spots Team could help you with:
- Visits from Hitting the Cold Spots Advisors offering advice and practical support
- Support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) if you are without heating.
- Access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies
- Practical support and advice with debt, money and benefits
- Free Home Safety visits which can include a carbon monoxide monitor, smoke detector and a fire safety plan
- Assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help give you savings on your fuel bills
- Assessment for funding for a gas mains to be laid to your property and a central heating system to be installed
Some of the above services and emergency relief are subject to availability and conditions apply
For more information
- Tel: 0800 804 8601
- Email: email@example.com