There's never been a better time


For general supply problems contact your utility provider. You will find their telephone number on your last bill.

Are you worried about:
  • faulty appliances
  • damaged cords
  • faulty household wiring
What you can do Who can help?
Arrange for:
  • the mains power to the house to be turned off
  • replacement of any faulty cords
Stop using faulty appliances that may cause a hazard.

You may be able to reduce some risks yourself, or a friend, neighbour, relative or carer might help.

You could also call Trading Standards Buy With Confidence for a local electrical contractor.


Contact numbers

  • Trading Standards Buy With Confidence
    Tel: 0845 4040 506

Home Improvement agencies

  • East Hants, Fareham, Hart, Havant, and Rushmoor
    Tel: 0845 266 8757
  • New Forest, Test Valley
    Tel: 01425 482773
  • Basingstoke & Deane, Eastleigh, Gosport and Winchester
    Contact: The Housing Team, District or Borough Council (below)

Gardening services

  • Shaw Trust Gardening Support Service
    Tel: 0845 604 4643
  • Trading Standards Buy With Confidence
    Tel: 0845 4040 506
  • Age Concern Hampshire
    Tel: 0800 328 7154