Carers and family support

Getting a break from caring

It's important that you have regular breaks from caring and time to yourself. There are many organisations that offer respite services that will allow you to have time to yourself, even if it's just for an hour or so.

You can also ask Hampshire County Council Adult Services staff for advice and information about local respite services and whether they can arrange help for you.

blue tea cup

Arrange a break from caring
Good neighbour schemes, take a break schemes and holiday options

find a care home

Search for some respite care
Find local care homes that might be able to offer informal day care

Princess Royal Trust

Emergency respite and planning service
Discuss, develop and implement your emergency plan


Join the Shared Lives scheme
For short breaks with individually "matched" approved shared lives carers


Search Care choice

advanced search | search help

What am I entitled to?

The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.

For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.

Try our online self assessment