Living with disabilities and long term conditions


Benefits and grants

There are lots of different benefits and grants that you might be entitled to.

Learning Disability grant

Adult Services Learning Disability grant - Hampshire County Council has committed continuing support for the aims of Valuing People by allocating continued funding for LD core advocacy schemes and county core PCP schemes.

Paying for care

Information on paying for care, including direct payments, Self-directed support, information for people with financial problems and links to benefits and grants that you might be entitled to

Direct Payments

Direct Payments is money paid by Hampshire County Council to individuals eligible to receive social care services. It enables people to have greater choice, control and flexibility as to how their care needs are met, allowing people to live more independent lives.

Self-directed Support

Self-directed Support is one of the ways in which social care is starting to give more choice and control to people who are entitled to support from Adult Services.


GOV.UK benefits adviser - get an estimate of what benefits and tax credits you could get

Find benefits you may be entitled to


Search Care choice

advanced search | search help

What am I entitled to?

The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.

For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.

Try our online self assessment