Living with disabilities and long term conditions

Support to help you stay in your home

If you have difficulties with undertaking personal care tasks or activities such as meal preparation we can provide advise on support that maybe available to you live as independent a life as possible. This maybe be as simple as providing advise or information so that you can arrange the assistance you need yourself.
  • Help in the home
    The Care at home search may help you find services and providers that offer a wide range of help including domestic help, shopping, help during the night, and support for people with disabilities. Some of these services (especially transport, shopping and gardening) may be provided only as part of a wider care package.
  • Help with meals
    Meals delivery services deliver hot meals for people who are unable to cook for themselves because they are old, frail or disabled and there is no one else who can support them.
  • Safety alarms and sensors
    Telecare is a wide range of alarms and sensors that can enable people to live safely and independently in their own homes, the most known of these being the pendent alarm. Telecare is available through Hampshire County Council's Adult Services department, as well as from a wide range of district councils, community alarm providers and housing associations.
  • Community Response Service
    The Community Response Service provides short term assessment and reablement to help you regain your independence and can carry on living at home for as long as possible. It supports adults over the age of 18 with physical disabilities, mental health problems and older persons.
  • Care Management Assessments
  • Occupational Therapy
    Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with a range of people including those who have physical, mental and/ or social problems, either as a result of accident, illness or ageing and are responsible for carrying out assessments and providing services that help people remain as independent as possible in their own homes.
domestic help

Search Care choice

advanced search | search help

What am I entitled to?

The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.

For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.

Try our online self assessment