Financial help and advice


Hampshire County Council does not administer or provide benefits to the public. However, if you are having an Adult Services financial assessment, as part of this process the Financial Assessments and Benefits (FAB) team will provide information about welfare benefits and can help you to claim any benefits you maybe entitled to.

Benefits cap

There’s a limit on the total amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to 64 can get. This is called the benefit cap. Details of benefits that are affected, the level of the cap and those people who won’t be affected can be found on the benefits cap web page

Specific benefits

The GOV.UK website has details of all benefits including: