Where can abuse happen?
People who need support need to trust and depend upon a wide range of people who offer them help in many forms. Abuse can happen anywhere. It could take place
- in your own home
- in someone else's home
- at a day centre or college
- in a residential or nursing home
- in a hospital or GP surgery
- at work
- in a public place
Who might carry out abuse?
Unfortunately we know that abuse can be carried out by anyone such as:
- family, friends, neighbours
- paid staff, carers, volunteers
- other service users or tenants