Safeguarding adults

Protecting people from abuse

Safeguarding adults at risk

To report abuse telephone:

Hampshire Adult Services on 0300 555 1386 or the police on 101

In an emergency and if it is suspected someone is in immediate danger, 999 should always be called.

Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board

Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Advice Line: 01962 847214 (office hours only) for specialist safeguarding advice

Other useful information


Speak out... If we know, we can help  Download Adobe Reader to view this PDF 667kB [reviewed Feb 2015] - What to do if you suspect someone is being abused or someone is abusing you, and contacts for further help.

See it Stop it Support us Download Acrobat Reader to view this PDF 2mb - The easy read version of Speak out

Family Group Conferencing

Family Group Conferencing - Meetings where the extended family and friends make decisions and plans for resolving problems around a vulnerable adult, child or young person

Report a safeguarding concern

Care Qualitiy Commission (CQC): Safeguarding people - Protecting people’s health, wellbeing and human rights, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect


Search Care choice

advanced search | search help

What am I entitled to?

The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.

For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.

Try our online self assessment