Your search found 9 care homesA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
|103-105 Water Lane||023 8086 3787||SOUTHAMPTON||SO40 3GT||without Nursing||0|
|110 West Street||023 9249 8333||HAVANT||PO9 1LN||without Nursing||0|
|14 Maple Way||0800 328 6091||BORDON||SO31 8AZ||without Nursing||0|
|15A Vale Road||01252 334880||ALDERSHOT||GU12 5HH||without Nursing||0|
|17 Flaxfield Road||01256 328273||BASINGSTOKE||RG21 8SE||without Nursing||0|
|17 Quay Haven||01489 885971||SOUTHAMPTON||SO31 7DE||without Nursing||0|
|176 London Road||023 9223 1983||HAVANT||PO7 5SP||without Nursing||0|
|17A Linda Grove||023 9226 2356||WATERLOOVILLE||PO8 8UX||without Nursing||0|
|19 Chilgrove Road||023 9221 0602||PORTSMOUTH||PO6 2ER||without Nursing||0|
- Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
- Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
- Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
- There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.
If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.
The registration certificate for a care home specifies which categories of people they intend to care for. Within care categories, some homes have age limits for the people they take of.
- DE - people with dementia
- LD - people with learning disabilities
- MD - people with mental illness
- OP - people who need care because of old age
- PD - people with physical disabilities
- SI - people with sensory impairment
- A - people with past or present alcohol dependence
- D - people with past or present drug dependence