Your search found 18 care homesA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
|Gables, The||023 8045 2324||SOUTHAMPTON||SO31 5AT||without Nursing||0|
|Gatehouse Residential Care Home, The||01425 613465||NEW MILTON||BH25 7AG||without Nursing||1|
|Glebelands||01256 844607||BASINGSTOKE||RG21 3DN||without Nursing||0|
|Glen Eldon||0800 328 6091||ALTON||GU34 5NA||without Nursing||0|
|Glen Lee||023 8047 3696||SOUTHAMPTON||SO18 4SB||without Nursing||0|
|Glen Rose||01329 511155||FAREHAM||PO15 5NU||with Nursing||4|
|Godfrey Olsen House||023 8062 9610||EASTLEIGH||SO50 9ST||without Nursing||0|
|Gorselands Nursing Home||01425 402316||RINGWOOD||BH24 4HN||with Nursing||0|
|Gorseway Care Community||023 9246 6411||HAYLING ISLAND||PO11 0BA||offering both types of care||0|
|Grange Nursing Home, The||01489 790177||SOUTHAMPTON||SO30 4EB||with Nursing||0|
|Grange Nursing Home, The||01256 851191||BASINGSTOKE||RG24 9HX||with Nursing||0|
|Grange, The||0800 328 6091||LISS||GU33 6JE||with Nursing||0|
|Green Gables Nursing Home||01428 604220||GRAYSHOTT||GU26 6LY||offering both types of care||3|
|Green Meadows OPH||023 9225 5328||WATERLOOVILLE||PO7 6LW||without Nursing||3|
|Greenbanks Nursing Home||01428 727343||LIPHOOK||GU30 7AP||offering both types of care||2|
|Greensleeves Residential Care Home||023 8055 3668||SOUTHAMPTON||SO17 1DN||without Nursing||2|
|Greenview Residential Care Home||01794 341200||ROMSEY||SO51 0JN||without Nursing||0|
|Grey Gables (New Milton) Limited||01425 610144||NEW MILTON||BH25 5JR||without Nursing||3|
- Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
- Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
- Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
- There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.
If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.
The registration certificate for a care home specifies which categories of people they intend to care for. Within care categories, some homes have age limits for the people they take of.
- DE - people with dementia
- LD - people with learning disabilities
- MD - people with mental illness
- OP - people who need care because of old age
- PD - people with physical disabilities
- SI - people with sensory impairment
- A - people with past or present alcohol dependence
- D - people with past or present drug dependence