Tendring Care Home
This care home has 0 reported vacancies.
Tendring Care Home
Office: 023 8086 4571
Fax: 023 8086 4571
General care home information
Type of care: Care Home without Nursing
- Short stay
- Long stay
Number of beds:
- 0 beds with nursing
- 22 beds without nursing
Access to floors
- Shaft lift
Care categories accepted
- People with dementia
- People who need care because of old age
Special requirements accepted
- Incontinent of urine
- Wheelchair users
We are now registered to take people with dementia under 65 years.
Send this page to a friend
- Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
- Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
- Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
- There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.
If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.
The registration certificate for a care home specifies which categories of people they intend to care for. Within care categories, some homes have age limits for the people they take of.
- DE - people with dementia
- LD - people with learning disabilities
- MD - people with mental illness
- OP - people who need care because of old age
- PD - people with physical disabilities
- SI - people with sensory impairment
- A - people with past or present alcohol dependence
- D - people with past or present drug dependence