Register as disabled

Disability registration

If you register as disabled your details will be stored by Hampshire County Council on a confidential database and you will be given a small card as proof of your registration.

The information you provide is important as it will be used to help in the planning, monitoring and development of services for people with disabilities in Hampshire (excluding the two unitary authorities of Portsmouth and Southampton).

Disability Registration Cards are free. They are valid for life and are a quick and easy way of proving that you have a disability and need to use facilities provided for disabled people.

Benefits of registering as disabled

Local concessions may be available, for example in libraries, theatres, education and training and other social outlets. All concessions are discretionary and may vary.

You do not need to be registered to be able to reclaim VAT on goods directly related to your disability. Find out what you can buy without paying VAT

Who can register

The County Council will issue a card to you if you live in Hampshire (excluding the two unitary authorities of Portsmouth and Southampton), and one of the following applies to you:

  • you hold a Blue Badge parking permit

  • you receive Disability Living Allowance (care or mobility component) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

  • you receive Attendance Allowance

  • you have a physical disability, a long term neurological condition, learning disability, mental health issues, Autism or Asperger Syndrome

  • you are registered sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight impaired (blind) and have a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) form which has been signed by your Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Eye Department. If you do not have a signed CVI please talk to your doctor before requesting a disability registration card

  • you are registered with a hearing loss as (i) you use British Sigh Language as your first language or (ii) you have received a diagnosis of hearing loss from an audiologist. You may choose to be registered Deaf with speech, D/deaf without speech or Hard of Hearing

How to register

To register as disabled, or if your card has expired, or you need a replacement card:

Complete the registration form

Phone 0300 555 1386

Your details will be passed to the relevant team.

Important: This form is only for registering adults. If you want to register a child as disabled please contact the County Council Children's Services department