Do you have a diagnosed sight loss or hearing loss, or both?
If the answer is yes and you are 18 years old or over the Sensory Loss Teams can offer you support, information or advice to help you stay independent and make every day tasks much easier / safer to do.
Our specialist workers can offer you:
- An assessment of your needs (an opportunity to discuss the ways your sight/hearing loss affects you)
- Demonstration of aids/equipment that can make everyday activities/tasks easier and information on accessing these products
- Advice and techniques to make everyday activities/tasks easier
- Mobility training to give you the confidence and skills to go out independently
- Information about clubs, support groups, services and concessions for people with sight/hearing loss
- Details of support services for carers of people with sight/hearing loss
- Information on services to help you in your workplace
What if I haven’t had a sight / hearing test?
Before booking an appointment you must have the cause of your sight loss /hearing loss diagnosed. If you have not had a hearing test (within the last 5 years) or been to the eye department at the hospital please speak to your GP. Sensory Loss Teams are unable to offer medical advice/treatment, hearing aids or glasses.
How do I find out more and access this service?
Please contact our Sensory Professional Advisors Team via Adult Services who will happily answer your questions and make a referral to your local team:
- Tel: 0845 603 5630
- Email: Sensory.PAT@hants.gov.uk
- Minicom: 0845 603 5625