Adult Services

Can someone assess my needs?

Everyone is entitled to an assessment of their needs to see if the County Council can help. Our main emphasis is on providing help that will keep people living independently for as long as possible. Whether you have a long term impairment, have just come out of hospital or are struggling as a result of age or illness adult services may be able to help.  

There are several options available:

I find coping with daily activities difficult

If you, or the person you are caring for, coping with daily activities such as personal care or meal preparation difficult, please contact Adult Services Trained advisors will discuss your situation. If it is identified that you require further support, you will be referred onto the appropriate care management team.

I need equipment or adaptations for my home

If you are finding difficulty managing in your current housing and feel that some equipment or adaptations will assist you may want to speak to an Occupational Therapist at Adult Services

I have difficulty hearing and/or seeing

If you have hearing loss or sight loss The Sensory Loss teams can carry out an assessment to identify the help you may need. Sensory staff can also provide training to help you find solutions to the everyday problems that arise and give information about the equipment available. For more information please contact the Sensory Professional Advisors Team via Adult Services