We have developed a series of strategic reviews to be carried out within the three service clusters to cover the three year contracting process.
The aims of these reviews are to ensure:
- provision more closely meets the needs of the local population
- services deliver a positive and effective contribution to the prevention and early intervention agenda and to the targets of strategic partners
- a wide range of housing and support options are commissioned within the available Supporting People budget
Our approach to these reviews is to focus on:
- ensuring services continue to meet the objectives set out from the previous review
- taking on board new strategic objectives of our key stakeholders
- negotiating with providers over what is feasible, ensuring that service users have information and choice and that their preferences are taken into account in the decisions we make
It is our aim to ensure service users have services which meet their needs as far as resources allow.
Where we wish to offer a new contract to a provider to continue a service, we will be clear that we have assessed each service according to the following 5 criteria:
- strategic relevance
- demand and need as evidenced over the life of the contract
- quality delivered during the life of the contract
- performance as assessed over the life of the contract
- value for money
Specific Strategic Reviews of services
Socially Excluded Groups
The Strategic Review of Socially Excluded services took place in 2012, for new contracts to start in April 2013.
The outcome of that Review is summarised below:
Download a summary of the outcome of the Implementation Plan for the Socially Excluded Services Review 2012
New Staged Models for Socially Excluded Services: Provider Day 2012
The Provider day held in August 2012 was well attended and well received. The presentations at the event sparked some very interesting discussions and raised some issues to be resolved. A copy of the combined presentations from the event can be found by clicking here - New Staged Models for Socially Excluded Services: Provider Day 2012. 10 MB
Further information regarding the New Staged Models for the following areas can be found by clicking on the link provided:
The Strategic Review of Long Term services (Disabilities) took place during 2012. Future Commissioning will be in line with the Long Term Disabilities implementation plan.
As an outcome of this Review we are seeking to engage with Providers and other stakeholders with our commissioning plans.
Please find below links to the presentations from our recent Provider Day.
Provider event feedback 69 kB
SP Presentation 131 kB
Procurement - Kevin Ingram 254 kB
Older Persons’ Services
The Strategic Review of Older Persons’ services took place during 2011, for new contracts to start in April 2012.
Following the Strategic Review of Older Persons’ services carried out during 2011, a county Plan has been produced which sets out the strategic direction for these services from 2012-2015:
Download the County Plan for Older Persons’ services from 2012-2015
If you experience difficulties downloading any of the information, please do not hesitate to contact the Supporting People Team firstname.lastname@example.org