Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1960s
Albuhera Barracks were named in commemoration of Wellington's victory during the Napoleonic Wars. Albuhera was a battle fought in the Peninsular War in Central Spain against France on the 16 May 1811.
These barracks were built to replace the old hutted encampment of South Camp, which dated from the mid 1850s. Albuhera Barracks was designed to house a battalion of infantry.
The site is now occupied by Montgomery Lines.
Photo: Albuhera drill hall being demolished 1998.