Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1960s
Barossa Barracks is named in commemoration of Wellington's victory during the Napoleonic Wars at the Battle of Barrosa in Central Spain, on the 15 March 1811.
These barracks were built to replace the old hutted encampment of South Camp, which dated from the mid 1850s. Barossa Barracks was designed to house a battalion of infantry.
Site now occupied by Montgomery Lines.
Photo: Barossa Barracks Officers Mess being demolished c1965