Beaumont Barracks (South Cavalry Barracks)
Date of construction 1856-59
Date of demolition 1975
Originally known as the South Cavalry Barracks, they were renamed Beaumont in 1909 after a battle during the Napoleonic Wars with France on 26 April 1794.
Beaumont Barracks were built as one of three cavalry barracks to house the 1st Cavalry Brigade in Aldershot. Regular regiments of horsed cavalry were housed here until 1938.
Guardroom and cells plus four two-storey troop stables, an officer's mess, sergeant's mess and a riding school. Other ranks accommodation consisted of 17 men to a room.
The guardroom, main wall, cells and riding school have survived. However, most of the site has been used for new housing.
Photo Aerial view of Beaumont Barracks c1970