Date of construction 1890-5
Date of demolition 1965
Named in commemoration of Marlborough's victory at the Battle of Blenheim on 13 August 1704.
These brick barracks were designed to replace the old wooden hutted encampment of the 1850s, following the Barracks Act of 1890. Blenheim Barracks was built to house a battalion of infantry. Officer's mess, sergeant's mess, regimental institute and 20 single storey barracks bungalows. Normal occupancy was 25 officers and 668 men.
The site is now occupied by Blenheim Park Married Quarters
Photo: The demolition of Blenheim Barracks November 1965