Aldershot Military Museum

Browning Barracks

Date of construction 1964

Named after Lieutenant-General Sir Frederick (Boy) Browning, the first appointed Commander Paratroops and Airborne Troops, October 1941.

Built as part of the new military town of Aldershot, the Browning Barracks were the depot for the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces until 1993. Browning Barracks were selected for a Civic Trust Award in 1968.

The Airborne Forces Museum is also based at Browning Barracks and was opened in 1969.

Still in use.

Photo.Browning Barracks c1970

 
Browning Barracks