Clayton Barracks (Thornhill Barracks)
Date of construction 1926-28
Originally named Thornhill Barracks, but re-named in 1929 after Lieutenant General Sir Frederick Clayton, Colonel Commandant of the Royal Army Service Corps.
These barracks were built for companies of the Royal Army Service Corps units in Aldershot, to accommodate for the growth of the size of the Corps. They comprise of two storey barrack blocks, each built to accommodate 60 men and two non commissioned officers.
Still in use.
Photo: Clayton Barracks 1974.