Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1964
These barracks were named after the Royal Engineers famous role in the siege of Gibraltar, in 1704 and subsequently during the American Independence War in 1779-1783.
These barracks were built to house the Balloon Establishment of the Royal Engineers, which arrived in Aldershot in 1892. In 1904 the establishment was moved to Farnborough, but the barracks remained in use by the Royal Engineers until their demolition in 1964.
Photo: Gibraltar Barracks being demolished 1964.