Date of construction 1964
Hammersley Barracks were named after Major Hammersley who, in 1860, was the first officer appointed to the Army Gymnastic Staff, which were the forerunners to the Army Physical Training Corps.
Hammersley Barracks were designed to house the Army Physical Training Corps. They replaced the Hammersley Hutments, which had previously existed on the site.
When they were officially opened on 28th July 1964 they were the first barracks to be completed as part of the redevelopment scheme established under the Aldershot Planning Committee at a cost of £352,000.
Still in use.
Photo: Official opening of the Hammersley Barracks by Adjutant-General Sir James Cassels (2nd left) July 1964.