Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1971
Named in commemoration of Wellington's victory at Maida in Italy during the Napoleonic Wars, on 4 July 1806.
These barracks were designed for the infantry and were built to replace the old hutted encampment of the 1850s. General Gordon of Khartoum planted a tree near to the Guardroom in the 1880s. Following the Second World War Maida Barracks became the Depot for the Parachute Regiment until the completion of Browning Barracks.
The gymnasium is the only surviving building.
Photo: Maida Barracks December 1959.