Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1970
The Battle of Mandora was fought in Egypt during the Napoleonic Wars on 13 March 1801. The barracks are named in commemoration of Wellington's victory.
These barracks were designed for the infantry and built to replace the hutted encampment of the 1850s.
Demolished in 1970. The Officer's Mess still remains and was used by the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps (QARANC) until 1995. It was known as McGrigor's Mess following the demolition of the rest of Mandora Barracks.
Photo: Mandora Barracks c1960