Date of construction 1895
Named after Sir James McGrigor, Wellington's Surgeon-General during the Peninsular War. He was also Director General of the Army Medical Department, 1815-51.
These barracks were built as accommodation for the Medical Staff Corps (later Royal Army Medical Corps) working at the Cambridge Military Hospital, which was near-by.
Three of the two-storey other ranks accommodation blocks still survive.
Photo: Mcgrigor Barracks 1960.