Arnhem Barracks, Bruneval Barracks, Normandy Barracks and Rhine Barracks are named after four famous airborne actions:
- Arnhem, Holland, 18-26 September 1944
- Bruneval, near Le Havre, 27-28 February 1942
- Normandy Invasion, 6 June 1944
- Rhine Crossing, 24 March 1945
Collectively, they were known as the Montgomery Lines after Field Marshal the Viscount Montgomery of Alamein, Colonel Commandant of the Parachute Regiment from 1944 to 1956, who officially opened them on 7 April 1965.
The Montgomery Lines are comprised of four barracks that were designed to house the 16th Parachute Brigade. These barracks are built on the original site of Corunna, Barossa and Albuhera Barracks.
These barracks are still in use.