Date of construction 1890-5
Date of demolition 1965
Named in commemoration of the Duke of Marlborough's victory at Ramillies on 23 May 1706.
These brick barracks were designed to replace the old wooden hutted encampment of the 1850s, following the Barracks Act of 1890. Ramilies Barracks was built to house a battalion of infantry.
Officer's mess, sergeant's mess, regimental institute and 20 single storey barracks bungalows. Normal occupancy was 25 officers and 668 men.
Demolished in 1965, the site is now occupied by the Defence Dental Agency, which was built in 1971. Surviving trees mark the line of the roads through the barracks.