St Lucia Barracks
Date of construction 1901-3
Named after a battle during the American War of Independence in December 1778.
St Lucia Barracks housed an infantry battalion. In 1935 the old outh African tyoe huts were replaced by standard brick barrack blocks which housed 100 men. In 1976, 200 soldiers quarters were built on the site of St Lucia Barracks.
St Lucia House is now the Woodland Public House.
Photo St Lucia Barracks 1910