Date of construction 1890-5
Date of demolition 1971
Named after one of the battles in the French Revolutionary Wars. The Battle of Tournay was fought in May 1794.
These brick barracks were designed to replace the old wooden hutted encampment of the 1850s, following the Barracks Act of 1890. Tournay Barracks was built to accommodate a battalion of infantry.
Demolished in 1971. The site is now occupied by New Normandy Barracks. The Victorian Officer's Mess survives and is used by the Defence Dental Agency.
Photos: Tourney Barracks prior to demolition 1971 (top), Tourney Barracks 1971 (below)