Waterloo Barracks (East Artillery Barracks)
Date of construction 1856-59
Date of demolition 1958
Originally known as the Royal Artillery Barracks. They were renamed in 1921 to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo which took place on the 18 June 1815.
The barracks were built for three batteries of Royal Field Artillery. They included troop stabling for horses, gun sheds, a forge, saddle and collar makers workshops as well as an officers mess.
The site is now occupied by Waterloo Park Married Quarters.
Photo Royal Artillery Barracks 1868.