Waterloo Barracks (West Artillery Barracks)
Date of construction 1856-59
Date of demolition 1959
Originally known as the Royal Artillery Barracks. They were renamed in 1921 to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo which took place on the 18 June 1815.
The barracks were built for the Royal Horse Artillery and were able to accommodate three batteries of horse artillery.
The site is now occupied by Waterloo Park Married Quarters.
Photo Auxilliary Territorial Services at Waterloo Barracks 1941.