Skip to content
Kids in Museums Manifesto:
- We’ll make you feel welcome
- Give you a hand to help your children enjoy the museum
- We won’t say ssshhhush! Museums are places for debate and new ideas.
- We’ll answer kids’ questions – not just those asked by adults.
- We’ll try not to say ‘Don’t touch’ too often and if we have to we’ll tell you why and what you can touch instead.
- We’ll make sure our ‘What’s On’ pages are up to date with events for families and send leaflets to local schools with our events before every school holiday
- Our website will give you clear information about what we can and cannot provide.
- We try to be height aware so that objects, art and labels are low enough for a child to see and if not you can borrow step-up steps to give you a hand.
- We produce trails and activities for all the family together, not just the kids.
- There are lots of places to sit down
- We have baby changing facilities on the 1st floor.
- The Museum is small, but we try to make sure there is room for coats and pushchairs
- An unlimited supply of water in the café, plus you are welcome to bring your own food and drink for an indoor picnic.
- We sell pocket money items in our shop, and things kids will treasure.
- We’ll give you a friendly goodbye.
- Please let us know the best bit of your visit, either in words or pictures. We like feedback!