Write a review about Hampshire Archives and Local Studies
Please leave your name and email address. Your email address will not be published.
We may contact you prior to publication, so please use a genuine email or your comments may not be published.
24 reviews so far
20/09/2010 01:10pmJo Craig
Whenever I visit I find the staff to be incredibly helpful and informative. I was particularly impressed by the impromptu latin translation of one document that a member of staff did for me on my last visit.
07/06/2010 06:58amKevin Holdway
I have been using the search room facilities for about three years,I also visit two neighbouring county archives and the facilities, helpful,knowledgeable, friendly staff at Winchester are far superior,I cannot praise you enough.And what great opening hours! again Thank You.
06/05/2010 02:38pmMandy Horrigan
I really do enjoy my visits to the offices and find it fascinating looking at everything. My only criticism would be that I had no idea what to do and felt that I had to ask lots of questions all the time and I felt that I was bothering the members of staff there, this might not have obviously been the case but it is how i felt. Having looked at the National Archives website I see they hold 'New to Kew' sessions daily at 11:30 to introduce first-time visitors to the range of services available at The National Archives. There's no need to book and the sessions are free of charge.
I really feel that this should be introduced to Winchester offices.
13/05/2010 08:45amJohn Nice
On each visit I have made I have found the staff to be unfailingly courteous and helpful. The environment, as befits a modern purpose-built facility, is excellent. My only wish: a sandwich bar next door!
Review Ref. 385457
- Give the reasons you liked or didn't like our services.
- Even if your review is negative, you should not use strong or non-family-friendly language.
- We reserve the right to edit or withhold from publication any reviews which we consider inappropriate.
- Please don't post multiple reviews.
- Reviews can take up to 48 hours to be posted.
- If you are under 16, please ask your parent/guardian before you submit a review.
- You should not post reviews if you are associated with this venue.