Talks and visits
Hampshire Archives and Local Studies and Wessex Film and Sound Archive offer an annual programme of talks, visits and presentations for local groups in Hampshire. There is a charge of £75 per group for talks at your venue, visits to Hampshire Record Office, or film presentations (either at your venue or at Hampshire Record Office).
For talks we ask for audiences of at least 30 people. Most talks are powerpoint presentations and usually last between 45 minutes and an hour. Please note we cannot provide talks on the local history of a particular locality though we will include examples from your area.
If your group consists of fewer than 20 people, you can book a visit on a weekday evening. Visits include a tour of Hampshire Record Office and an exhibition of archive treasures, and usually last between an hour and a half and two hours.
The Wessex Film and Sound Archivist can arrange audio-visual presentations to take place in the Record Office cinema or in your locality. These presentations use historical material of local interest in the form of cinefilms, sound and video recordings. To make an initial enquiry about a film presentation, contact Film and Sound Archive - email@example.com
Please note that we receive many requests and in the interests of fairness we limit groups to one talk, visit or film and sound presentation per year.
- Work of Hampshire Record Office and sources for local history
- From attic to basement, the work of Hampshire Archives Trust
- Sources for family history at Hampshire Record Office
- How to trace the history of your house at Hampshire Record Office
- Maps as sources for local history
- Poor Law records at Hampshire Record Office
- School records at Hampshire Record Office
- The Swing Riots in Hampshire
- Quarter Sessions records at Hampshire Record Office
- Sources for army ancestry and war memorials
- Police records at Hampshire Record Office
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
1st & 3rd Saturday per month, 9am - 4pm
Admission free, no appointment needed
Closed on Public Holidays and Christmas Eve.
- 4.20pm Monday - Friday
- 3.30pm Saturday
Fees and charges
- Fees and charges 16 kB
Hampshire Record Office
Sussex Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8TH
tel 01962 846154, fax 01962 878681
Contact Archives and Local Studies