Data Users Declaration
All recipients of data provided by the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre should be aware of, and agree to, the following :
- The Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre is a Partnership hosted by Hampshire County Council (“We/Us/Our”). The Council holds copyright of the Data on behalf of the Partnership except where service level agreements and data exchange agreements state otherwise. No reproduction of this Data will be allowed as a direct copy, except for the purpose of the project as stated in the Data Request Form.
- Data provided by the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre will only be used for the purpose stated in the Data Request Form and will not be stored beyond the life of the project for which it was acquired. The Data must not be added to any permanent database system and must not be passed to any third party except as stated in the Data Request Form.
- Any personal information supplied in association with these records will not be used, copied, or passed to any third party without the consent of the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is made to validate information supplied to and by the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre, owing to the dynamic and judgmental nature of information relating to wildlife, the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the information supplied, and accepts no liability for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or losses arising from use of the information.
- The whereabouts of other material, documentary sources etc. referred to cannot be guaranteed.
- Acknowledgement of the use of the Data supplied by the Hampshire Biodiversity Information Centre (including acknowledgement of any stated third party supplier) must be given in any published documents.
Please read our data access policy and charging schedule.
Return to Data Requests page