Advice for Employees
If your workplace or employer is based in (or moving to) Hampshire, you may want further information about the services available for you. On this page, you will find some useful sources of information and links to other organisations who may be able to help.
- Moving to Hampshire? Find some useful links for those coming to live in Hampshire
- Schools in Hampshire - information about the schools and colleges in your area
- Childcare - need someone to look after your children while you're at work? Our guide should help you find the right choice of childcare for you.
- Want to work smarter? Next time you are in a traffic queue or late for an appointment, give some thought for how you might be more productive had you worked at least one day of your working week locally or from home.
- Babcock Enterprise (formerly VT Southern Careers) - offering career advice for all ages, as well as training and development to ensure that employees have the skills and knowledge to achieve their objectives.
- Prosperity Through Diversity: An Employment & Skills Strategy for the Hampshire Workforce 2mb - Hampshire’s strategy to support the workforce needs of the Hampshire economy by ensuring a skilled and diverse labour pool is available to employers.
- Employment support for people with disabilities - advice from Care Choice, the County Council's online resource for independent living in Hampshire
Jobcentre Plus - Jobseeker Services. Jobcentre Plus have an online and telephone based service for all customers including those being made redundant. Providing information about alternative jobs, matching to vacancies, CV creation and job searching skills and information about benefits.
Tel: 0845 6060 234
Textphone: 0845 6055 255
- Careers advice - visit the Careers advice website or call the Careers Advice Service on 0800 100 900
ACAS - redundancy information for employees
Helpline: 08457 474747