Advice for Future Jobs Fund Employees
Next Steps/ Moving On
There are a number of options you have open to you, which you should follow up on when you are nearing the end of your six-month placement. Here are some useful sources of help and information, which might help you decide what to do next:-
Futures Employment Agency
- open to Future Jobs Fund employees past and present, provides support/guidance and can promote your CV to employers across the county. See information leaflet for details (the Agency website will be online in August)
- you can find information from the National Apprenticeships Service on what apprenticeships are, what type of work there is and how to find an apprenticeship.
Hampshire Talent Bank
- register your details in the Hampshire Talent Bank and be considered for jobs with any of the Councils who make up the hampshirejobs portal (this covers all Councils within the geographic area of Hampshire, excluding Isle of Wight, Fareham and Portsmouth Councils.)
- information on how to claim Jobseekers Allowance to help you while you find another job can be found be visiting your local office or you can claim online or visit the Jobcentre Plus website for futher information.
- this may not seem like the obvious choice but it shows you are keen to work and will help keep your job skills up-to-date. Check out the Do-It website for details
- A lot of large employers offer this, inclduing Hampshire County Council. You can find details on the County Council's Work Experience website
Finally, keep checking this page - further information will be added as we get it!