Calshot Activities Centre in Hampshire is one of the largest Outdoor Adventure Centres in Britain and is run by Hampshire County Council. We have a reputation for excellence and professionalism and operate to the highest standards. Calshot offers residential and non-residential courses in an unrivalled number of exciting water and landbased activities.
Situated in a unique position on the shores of the Solent, its magnificent setting gives immediate access to the country’s most popular Watersports location. Ashore, historic Hangars accommodate a state of the art climbing complex, the only indoor Velodrome in Southern England and a dry Ski Slope.
- Monday to Saturday 8.30am - 10pm
- Sunday 8.30am - 5pm
- NB gates onto the Calshot site are locked at 11.30pm
Customers using Calshot facilities are exempt from parking charges.
Ample parking space outside the centre. Pay and Display Car Park metres are now in use at Calshot
|Vehicles up to 7metres||Vehicles above 7metres|
|2 hours £2||2 hours £4|
|4 hours £3.50||4 hours £7|
|All day £5.50||All day £11|
|Annual Parking: £51||Annual Parking: £89|
|Minibus||Any period £10.50|
|Coach/HGV||Any period £21|
|Up to 3metres||Tariff||With vehicle over 7metres|
|Boat 3-6metres& Jet skis||£16.80||£22.30|
|Boat over 6metres||£23||£28.50|
Landing-Jetty/Pontoon per person
Adult £1, Child £0.50
For all other charges and fees, please report to reception
Value For Money
There are no extra hidden costs to spoil your enjoyment.
Our course fees include
- All specialist equipment and clothing.
- Residential – accommodation from the time of arrival and all meals for the duration of the course.
- Non-residential – meals as indicated in the course description
- Evening activities when appropriate.
- All course transport (when needed).
- Detailed set of joining instructions.
- Tea and coffee during breaks.
- Certificates (unless otherwise indicated)
- On site parking.
- Travel to and from the Centre.
- Accommodation prior to the course starting
- A Friday evening meal for weekend courses. (Can be booked for groups).
- Registration or examination fees.
- National Governing Body log books (except Level Two Powerboat Handbook)
- Footwear, Towels, soap.
- For further details contact our Bookings
Safety is our prime consideration
The Centre operates within the guidelines laid down by National Governing Bodies, and the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority, as well as conforming to the very stringent standards laid down by Hampshire County Council.
Examples of our commitment to safety include
- Activities overseen by experienced and qualified staf
- All instructional staff are first aid qualified
- Mobile phones are available for groups off site
- VHF radios are used afloat and ashore
- Minibuses have forward facing seats with seat or lap belts
- Helmets are worn by all novice sailors in singlehanders
- All ski bindings are set to individuals ‘DIN’ setting
- Full body or chest harnesses are available for climbing
However, the activities provided by Calshot are potentially hazardous in nature and participants must accept a certain degree of risk. Those with parental responsibility must also recognise a degree of risk when signing the consent form.
Calshot’s Instructional team is led by a highly qualified and experienced group of staff, whose qualifications include RYA Dinghy Coach/Assessors, RYA Windsurfing Trainers, RYA Powerboat Trainers, BCU Coaches and MLTB Trainers.
As Instructor Trainers/Assessors they have the perfect credentials to ensure our whole instructional team is working to the highest standards.
We can provide accommodation for up to 160 visitors in a mixture of twin, triple bunked and larger four to eight bunked rooms. Whenever possible adults are accommodated in the smaller rooms.
All rooms have washbasins with hot and cold water. Ample toilets and showers are available on each corridor. Single rooms can be booked, subject to availability, on payment of a supplement
Our catering is to a high standard in our large modern dining room which overlooks the Solent. We recognise that active people have healthy appetites and we provide three good meals a day. If you are going off site, then we’ll provide a filling packed lunch. There is always a choice of main meals with an excellent vegetarian alternative available. Visitors with special dietary needs can be catered for as long as we know in advance.
Are meals provided on the evening before my course starts?
No, nor is accommodation (unless booked separately). Your first meal at Calshot will be lunch on day one of your course. Meals are available however until 9.45pm in the Cafe Bar which is situated in the Sunderland Hangar.
What meals are included in the course?
Lunch is provided for all courses one day or longer. If you are staying residentially we also provide breakfast and an evening meal. For information on non-residential clients please see above.
Do you cater for vegetarians/vegans/specific dietary requirements e.g. gluten free?
Yes. Please specify this on your booking form.
Can I cook my own food?
No, we do not have facilities for self-catering.