Children's Services Equality and Diversity
In Children's Services, we recognise that equality and diversity is part of our core business. We have a strong culture of participation by, and in consultation with, children and young people, including those who are often hard to reach and vulnerable.
We are committed to providing accessible services and continually work to identify inequalities and remove barriers.
Equality Impact Assessment is a rigorous and systematic tool for checking that services, policies, strategies/plans and projects take into account the needs of those groups identified in law as being at risk of discrimination.
Equality Impact Assessments for Children’s Services:
- HCC Contribution to Community Language Service 141 kB (28/07/2014)
- Virtual School for Children in Care restructure 160 kB (28/07/2014)
- HCC Strategic Commissioning Plan for Adult and Community Learning including Procurement and Funding (Sept 2013)
- Short Breaks for Disabled Children (02/09/2013)
- Wallisdean Infant and Junior Schools: Resourced Provision for Deaf and Hearing Impaired Children 10kb (30/04/2013)
- Changes to the pattern of children’s centre's 469kb
- Changes to the pattern of children’s centre's – staffing 2011 99kb
- Redesign of Youth Support Services (2011) 341kb
- Integrated grant programme (2011) 70kb
Single equality scheme – toolkit for schools
It is recommended that schools develop a single equality scheme to promote equality and diversity, in line with the Equality Act 2010. A toolkit has been developed for schools, to support development of a scheme.
- Briefing for school staff and governors 32kb
- Overview of toolkit and single equality schemes 28kb
- Summary of equality legislation 61kb
- Developing a framework
- Flowchart 11kb
- Audit process 47kb
- Frequently asked questions 58kb
- Presentation from training workshop 346kb
A summary of the Equality Act 2010 for schools 63kb is also available to download.
Further information on equality and diversity in Hampshire County Council.