Children's Services Equality and Diversity
In Children's Services, we recognise that equality and diversity is part of our core business. We have a strong culture of participation by, and in consultation with, children and young people, including those who are often hard to reach and vulnerable.
We are committed to providing accessible services and continually work to identify inequalities and remove barriers.
Equality Impact Assessment is a rigorous and systematic tool for checking that services, policies, strategies/plans and projects take into account the needs of those groups identified in law as being at risk of discrimination.
Equality Impact Assessments for Children’s Services:
- Changes to the pattern of children’s centre's 469kb
- Changes to the pattern of children’s centre's – staffing 2011 99kb
- Redesign of Youth Support Services (2011) 341kb
- Integrated grant programme (2011) 70kb
- Children and Young People’s Plan 2009-12 (2009) 125kb
- Governor Services (2008) 106kb
- Secondary brief (2008) 57kb
- Temporary classrooms (2008) 56kb
- School access initiative (2008) 57kb
- Exclusions (2008) 92kb
- Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (2008) 65kb
- Area social work teams (2008) 60kb
- Asset management (2008) 58kb
Single equality scheme – toolkit for schools
It is recommended that schools develop a single equality scheme to promote equality and diversity, in line with the Equality Act 2010. A toolkit has been developed for schools, to support development of a scheme.
- Briefing for school staff and governors 32kb
- Overview of toolkit and single equality schemes 28kb
- Summary of equality legislation 61kb
- Developing a framework
- Flowchart 11kb
- Audit process 47kb
- Frequently asked questions 58kb
- Presentation from training workshop 346kb
A summary of the Equality Act 2010 for schools 63kb is also available to download.
Further information on equality and diversity in Hampshire County Council.