Sample job description for an Out of School Club Leader
Purpose of job: The day to day organisation and operation of the club
Reporting relationships: reporting directly to the Management Committee/Committee Chair. Responsible for the day to day and operational management of three Playworkers and two Play Assistants.
- Ensuring the delivery of creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment for all children and supporting the staff to do so.
- Providing full care for all children, including supervising delivery of children to school, collection of children from school and the safe delivery to parents and/or named carers. This may include providing refreshments and snacks
- Providing safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities, and organising the programme
- Allocating and directing the staff to carry out any planned activities. Supporting and mentoring staff through their qualifications.
- Carrying out day-to-day administration, record keeping, ordering and purchasing materials and equipment.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day financial administration of the club.
- Working within an agreed budget.
- Administering first aid, as appropriate.
- Encouraging parental involvement and support of the club to build effective relationships, ensuring full integration of all children.
- Promoting the club to the local community and leading events to encourage participation of the community and parents.
- Initiating close liaison with parents, schools and other childcare and play-related agencies.
- Attending meetings, as appropriate.
- Carrying out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework.
- Working within agreed policies.