Services for Young Children

Register with Ofsted

You can apply for registration in different ways depending on the register you wish to join and the type of childcare you want to provide.

New childcare business

Are you setting up a nursery, pre-school, out of school club, holiday playscheme?

Connected to a registered provider

For all individuals connected with a registered provider, such as childminder assistants, pre-school committee members, managers of services:

Childminders who have completed the Unit 1 course

  • Complete the EYC form

  • Contact the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) who provide these forms to those people who have completed the course. The contact numbers for the Hampshire branch of PACEY are 0845 200 3890. This will ensure that support is provided to new childminders from the beginning of their registration.

All childcare providers

Childcare providers are asked to follow the ‘Checklist’ in completing the forms and also submit a ‘Health Declaration Booklet’.

Once the childcare provision is in place

You must notify Ofsted of any changes to the childcare provision once it has been established. To do this, fill in:

Further help

If you have difficulty in completing any forms or need more information about applying please call the Ofsted helpline on
0300 123 1231

You can also call the Services for Young Children helpline on 01962 847070 or email: