Services for Young Children

Leisure activities/ holiday care

I am looking for some leisure activities to take my child or children to locally in the holidays.

There are plenty of different leisure activities, clubs, and groups in Hampshire.

There are details of leisure activities and groups on the Hampshire Family Information Directory.

HantsWeb, Hampshire Council Council’s website Leisure and Tourism pages contain an A-Z listing of attractions: What’s On in Hampshire and Hampshire for Kids

The Government’s Sure Start Children’s Centres initiatives also encourage the development and provision of activities for the community. See the children’s centres pages.

For details of sporting activities there is Sport Hampshire & IOW. Further details of a range of activities are available on their website.

Hampshire County Council does not recommend or endorse these services. These details are for information purposes only.

I would like some information on holiday play schemes.

For details of Hampshire Ofsted registered holiday play schemes and those that are registered on the Ofsted Voluntary Childcare Register* you can search on the Hampshire Family Information Directory using the 'Quick Search', and choosing the category 'childcare' and type of provision, 'Holiday Playschemes'. Alternatively contact the Family Information Service.

Can I have help in paying for holiday care?

Depending on your circumstances you may be entitled to receive the ‘childcare element’ of Working Tax Credit in order to have help in paying for Ofsted registered childcare. If your employer facilitates a childcare voucher scheme, you may be able to use vouchers to pay for fees.

For further details of both schemes please see our page on Credits and Childcare Vouchers.

*Ofsted Voluntary Childcare Register