The Early Communication Support Service
Dedicated to improving communication skills in young children.
Learning to talk and communicate with others is a key part of development for all children. It enables them to learn from others and engage in the world around them.
The Early Communication Support Service will:
- Offer language enrichment opportunities
- Support and advise the children’s workforce
- Promote parental confidence and effectiveness
- Provide information and resources for language development
- Enable early identification of speech, language and communication difficulties
Parents: Please contact your local Speech and Language Therapy Assistant to find out what groups and workshops are running in your area.
Practitioners: Please contact your local Speech and Language Therapy Assistant to discuss any support/advice/training needs for your setting. If you would like to request support for a specific child, please use the Request for Support form 163 kB.