Area Inclusion Co-ordinator Service
This service was created to perform a statutory duty in response to government legislation.
The aim is to develop and enhance the inclusive practice of all early years and childcare practitioners throughout Hampshire in their care of children aged 0-19 years.
This is achieved through empowering all those working in early years and out of school settings to develop inclusive early learning environments, and to help them support children in removing barriers to learning wherever these exist.
The Area Inclusion Co-ordinator (Area InCo) provides support to early years and out of school settings:
- Support for early years settings
- Support for out of school provision and childminders
- Inclusion training
- Support groups
- Inclusion proformas
- Inclusion resources and strategies
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- The SEN Code of Practice
- Medical information
- Children in Care
- Area INCo Leaflet - Practitioners 139kb
Please note: Our service does not extend to schools.
Information for parents
If parents and carers of children at your setting need additional information about special educational needs and inclusion, please direct them to parent information pages.
- I Can - helps children communicate
- Talking Point - information about speech, language and communication needs
- The Communication Trust
- Downs Syndrome Association
- Hampshire Autistic Society
- Visual support webpage do2learn.com
- Total communication - has video examples of Makaton signing
- Afasic - unlocking speech and language
- British Stammering Association
- Education and resources for improving childhood continence
- National Deaf Children's Society
- Scope - Early years information and products
- Visual aids for learning
- ASD visual aids