Services for Young Children


Outreach Referral Form Microsoft Word 55kB

Services for Young Children offer Outreach support into Early Years settings in the private, independent and voluntary sector to support children with additional needs. If you have any children of concern, your first port of call should be your Area InCo who will discuss your Outreach needs with you.

Please use the above form for all requests for outreach and submit it along with any supporting evidence of the strategies you have already tried to the address of your local Services for Young Children office provided on the form. This additional information will help identify whether the child meets the criteria for support and it is also evidence that you have followed the SEND Code of Practice cycle of Assess, Plan, Do and Review.

Examples of evidence to send in with your referral forms would be Targeted plans/IEPs, ABCC charts and Behaviour Plans. Any observations you have done which relate to your reason for referral would also be very useful as would reports from other professionals, e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, paediatrician. Remember to keep the originals and only send copies to us with your form. It is essential that parents’ permission is sought for any referral and any information they can add to the referral form is invaluable.

If we receive a referral form without any evidence or without consultation with your Area InCo, it will probably be returned to you with a request for more information and evidence of the strategies you have already tried. If you have any questions about what to include with your referral, please contact your Area Inclusion Co-ordinator who will be able to guide you.

Our various outreach providers are no longer able to accept direct referrals for early years outreach support but we are confident that this referral process will not affect the delivery or quality of this valuable service. Early Years Outreach is unable to provide support into the home and should you feel this service is required, please contact your local children's centre, health visitor or Hampshire Portage Service.